[community centres] HCCN chat with Council re Centres hiring out space(s) - Thursday 2pm

Dave Morris davetottenham at googlemail.com
Mon May 10 20:27:18 BST 2021

*HCCN chat with Council (Poppy Thomas) re Centres hiring out space(s) -
Thursday 2pm*

Hi all

Poppy Thomas has asked for an informal discussion with a small group of
members of the Community Centres Network - see below:

She says:/    I’m keen to find out a bit more about the Community
Centres network & how we might be able to support you/work
together.////In particular, I wanted to get your views on something
we’ve been talking about recently, which is trying to find a way of
bringing together groups which have access to space and may want to hire
it out, and groups (usually smaller/newer) which are looking for space
either to base themselves from, or run activities. We get quite a lot of
enquiries from groups looking for space and I wonder if there’s scope,
if its of interest, to link these requests with members of the Network./

I have arranged for a discussion on Thursday at 2pm, for which Poppy has
set up a Microsoft Teams link for 30mins. The link is below, but let me
know if you wish to attend on behalf of the HCCN as its only a very
short general chat about the issue (and not about individual Centres'
issues). I will raise briefly the outstanding issues regarding our calls
for rent holidays and rent offsetting against services.

Dave

Click here to join the meeting - but let me know *beforehand* if you
plan to attend:

<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDY2YjQ5MWYtOGJkYy00YWQxLTk0OGQtNDEyYmM3ZmQ1NDcy%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%226ddfa760-8cd5-44a8-8e48-d8ca487731c3%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22959d3ea7-9e2d-4647-a7e5-e07a26d516db%22%7d>

Hi Dave,

That will be fine, I’ll send you an invite now. Happy for others to join
the conversation too – I’ve just reached out to you as you’re my first
port of call for the network.

Best wishes,

**

*Poppy Thomas (she/her)*

*Voluntary & Community Sector Coordinator*

Thursday 2pm? That will give me time to consult with others

On Mon, May 10, 2021, 12:58 PM Thomas Poppy
    I wonder if you have time for a phone call this week. I’m keen to
    find out a bit more about the Community Centres network & how we
    might be able to support you/work together.

    In particular, I wanted to get your views on something we’ve been
    talking about recently, which is trying to find a way of bringing
    together groups which have access to space and may want to hire it
    out, and groups (usually smaller/newer) which are looking for space
    either to base themselves from, or run activities. We get quite a
    lot of enquiries from groups looking for space and I wonder if
    there’s scope, if its of interest, to link these requests with
    members of the Network.

    Let me know if there’s a good time for you to speak. For me,
    tomorrow at 12pm, Wednesday at 2pm, Thursday afternoon or Friday are
    good.

    Best wishes,

    **

    *Poppy Thomas (she/her)*

    *Voluntary & Community Sector Coordinator*

    Haringey Council

    River Park House, 225 High Road, London N22 8HQ

    M. 07790 982 264

    E. poppy.thomas at haringey.gov.uk <mailto:poppy.thomas at haringey.gov.uk>

    www.haringey.gov.uk <http://www.haringey.gov.uk/>

    twitter at haringeycouncil <https://twitter.com/haringeycouncil>

    facebook.com/haringeycouncil <https://www.facebook.com/haringeycouncil>

    /There are many ways to help and support our most vulnerable
    residents – please visit Haringey Council: I Want to Help
    <https://www.haringey.gov.uk/covid-19/i-want-help> to get involved./

    //

    /If you or someone you know might need help as a result of COVID-19
    – e.g. someone to talk to, get shopping, or need health and care
    support – phone *020 8489 4431*. (Open Monday to Friday 8.30am to
    6.30pm.)./

    //

    /If you are concerned about an adult who you think requires social
    care and support or you have a safeguarding concern, phone *020 8489
    1400* or visit the webpage
    <https://www.haringey.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/safeguarding-adults/safeguarding-and-preventing-abuse-where-can-you-go-support>./

    PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.

    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may
    be subject to legal privilege and are intended only for the
    person(s) or organisation(s) to whom this email is addressed. Any
    unauthorised use, retention, distribution, copying or disclosure is
    strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
    please notify the system administrator at Haringey Council
    immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Although this
    e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or
    other defect which might affect any computer or system into which
    they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
    recipient to ensure they are virus free and no responsibility is
    accepted for any loss or damage from receipt or use thereof. All
    communications sent to or from external third party organisations
    may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
    relevant legislation.