[community centres] Community Centres Hiring Opportunities - forms ready to go..

Andrew Johnston andrew.johnston at engineroom.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 15:41:50 BST 2021

Hi Dave

Just to clarify my proposal was for a JOINT online portal through which the PUBLIC could book space online. This kind of brokering system is massively cumbersome and will be a nightmare to administer.

We use a programme called Planyo which cost us just over £1000 to set up but which has generated a large amount of income for us since we went live in early 2018. We see growing use and are working towards taking the large majority of bookings online. My simple suggestion was (and still is) that we expanded this kind of facility to cover off a number of community centres with ONE portal so you could see a similar look and design for each one. It is very simple to manage and administer – you can easily block time when you want access to the facility (for example we take no bookings on Sundays 8am to 2.30pm as our church has exclusive use of The Engine Room), and you can decline bookings, block certain people from making bookings and gives you online real time data.

https://www.planyo.com

www.engineroom.org.uk/booking<http://www.engineroom.org.uk/booking>

We will be happy to add our name to the list of venues for the brokering service. My question is who is going to do the huge amount of work such a brokering service will require, how fast enquiries will be answered and what the booking process will be. If just 10 community centres, working to common standards in service levels, put in £1k each I would have though an online real time system which the public could access through a common portal (www.haringeycommunitycentres.com<http://www.haringeycommunitycentres.com>) (currently unregistered url) for example would be a much better use of time and energy.

Anyway those are my thoughts. If folk are interested in exploring the Planyo option, feel free to contact me. Then the ONLY answer the Council would need would be: go to this website which has all the information you need… Better for the customer/community group, better for the centre and makes our life a whole lot simpler!

Just my thoughts!

AJ

[Z]
where community meets